Thursday, February 26, 2009

an essay on LIFE STYLE....

In every person’s life there is an event or person who has had a huge effect on the rest of their life, whether or not they know it. One event that has had a major effect on my life was moving from Westchester, NY to Hampton Bays, NY in 2001.

At the start of my tenth grade high school year, I moved from upstate New York down to Long Island. This was the biggest move I had ever made in my life, considering I lived in the same small town for 15 years. Going into tenth grade and having to make all new friends is one of the hardest and scariest things a teen age kid could ever face. First impressions are everything, and the fear of not being accepted because of how you look or how you dress is huge. Also wondering if anyone will let you show them who you really are before they judge you by your cover is a big fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment